The information I am going to give here on the views of the JW on the person of Jesus Christ are based on the personal encounter with the Jehovah Witnesses as I deliberately held a discussion with them on this particular subject.
1) The Witnesses believe that Jesus Christ existed before the world was created and that He existed as a Spiritual being. This statement they support by referring Colosians 1:15 “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation” The phrase “firstborn of all creation” is main anchor of their belief on the created Christ.
2) They believe that God created Christ first and used him as an implement to create everything else
3) They believe that Christ must not be worshiped, only Jehovah who must be worshiped
4) They believe that Jesus Christ did not encourage people to call Him righteous, seeing that God is the only one who is righteous.
I will now look at what the bible really say about Jesus Christ in connection to Him being God.
1) Let us turn our attention on the book of Isaiah 6:1, 9-10 Isaiah says, “On the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the LORD (Jehovah) sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple… And He said, ‘Go, and tell this people: Keep on hearing, but do not understand ; Keep on seeing, but do not perceive. Make the heart of this people dull, and their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; Lest they see with their eyes, and hear with ears, and understand with their heart and return and be healed” and comparing this with what John is saying about Jesus Christ in John 12:40-41 “”He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, so that I should heal them.” These things Isaiah said when he saw His (Jesus) glory and spoke of Him”
So John says that Isaiah spoke in Isaiah Chapter 6:9-10 when he saw Jesus’ glory, yet Isaiah say He saw Jehovah.
Again Isaiah foretells the birth of the Messiah, listen to what He says,”Therefore the LORD will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bare a Son, and shall call His name Emmanuel” Isaiah 7:14, now the word emmanuel means “God is with us” and again “For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” Isaiah 9:6, now tell me, is it not blasphemy to call a human being “God”? How is it then that this child is called “Mighty God” and not only that but also “Everlasting Father”? And when He is born His name is interpreted God is with us. Clearly Jesus Christ is God made flesh.
2) Psalm 45:6, “Your Throne, O God (Jehovah), is forever and ever, A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of your kingdom. You love righteousness and hated wickedness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with oil of gladness more than your companions.” Compare this with book of Hebrews 1:8-9 “But to the Son (Jesus) He says, ‘”Your Throne, O God, is forever and ever, A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of your kingdom. You loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with oil of gladness more than your companions.”‘”
3) Again in Psalm 102:25-27, “Of old You (Jehovah) laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish but You will endure; Yes, they will grow old like a garment; like a cloak you will change them and they will be changed. But You are the same, and your years will have no end” and in Hebrews 1:10-12 “And (Still to the Son (Jesus) He says): You LORD in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish but You remain; and they will all grow old like a garment; like a cloak you will fold them up and they will be changed. But You are the same, and your years will not fail”
Clearly Jesus has the same attributes as that of Jehovah of the Old Testament.
4) Now how about worship? Peter says, “(Jesus Christ) who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to him” 1 Peter 3:22.
Even the angels of God are called to worship Him “…let all the angels of God worship Him.” Hebrews 1:6
Jesus Himself says “For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, (why?) that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.” John 5:23
I could continue with other scriptures like John 1:1, however I lack time and there will rest my argument here, 1 Timothy 3:16 “And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory” NKJV